A tiny atlas of recipes, musings and more. Here you’ll find a collection of my travel adventures, recipes from my table + beyond. My adventures in life. My story.
Other bits & bobs
Recipe for a Thyme Roasted Pumpkin and Spinach Salad With Shaved Manchego, Toasted Pepitas and Balsamic Mustard Dressing by Anisa Sabet, for The Macadames.
There is nothing better than a pimped up salad in Spring and this one is absolutely my favourite so far. The combination of roasted pumpkin, a balsamic mustard dressing and shaved manchego is just perfect! You could serve it warm (with the pumpkin just out of the oven) or cold – both is very good! This is actually a great recipe to make ahead of the week and throw together for an easy weekday lunch at work. All your colleagues will be jealous!
The styling for this recipe was inspired by one of my favourite local photographer’s Tess Godkin. Last year at the Australian Food Blogging Conference she taught a class which I, and I know many others, got a lot out of. I can describe her work as both rustic and beautiful, be sure to check her blog out for all things food, travel and photography.
What is your favourite salad combination? I have a few recipes coming up so be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss them.
Don’t forget to hashtag #cookwiththemacadames when making my recipes. I love to see how you went and get a peek at your kitchen table.
For the salad (serves 4 as a side, 2 as a smallish main):
For the dressing:
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line your baking tray with baking paper.
2. In the large mixing bowl, toss your pumpkin in thyme, olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Pour onto the prepared baking tray and put into to the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown on the edges.
3. To toast the pepitas: Pour a bit of olive oil in the small fry pan and heat until hot. Add the pepitas and toss around the pan until browned. It should take around 15 minutes. Watch them carefully so they don’t burn. Set aside.
4. To make the dressing: toss together ingredients and set aside in a jug.
5. To make the salad: divide the spinach in between the two bowls. Dot pumpkin then shave over manchego and sprinkle over the peptitas. Drizzle over some dressing and eat immediately.
Storage: dressing will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Like this recipe? Yum it on Yummly.
For another similar recipe, try my roasted green bean and quinoa salad with butter fried leek.