A tiny atlas of recipes, musings and more. Here you’ll find a collection of my travel adventures, recipes from my table + beyond. My adventures in life. My story.
Other bits & bobs
Perfectly spiced crispy fish tacos, with all the best toppers, juicy tomatoes, shredded cabbage, red onion, chimmichurri, smoked tabasco aioli and fresh coriander.
Crispy Fish Tacos, Chimmichurri, Smoked Tabasco Aioli recipe developed for SodaStream by Anisa Sabet.
For the chimmichurri (too lazy? substitute for some chopped green herbs, salt & oil):
For the smoked tabasco aioli (not pictured but *please add!):
To coat the fish:
For the batter:
For the tacos:
1. To make the chimmichurri: Whizz the ingredients in a food processor, set aside.
2. To make the smoked tabasco aioli: Whisk ingredients in a bowl, cover and pop into the fridge until serving.
3. To coat the fish: Mix the coating ingredients in a bowl. Toss each strip of fish in the flour mixture to coat all over. Set aside.
4. To make the batter: Whisk together the batter ingredients in a bowl. If the batter is too dry, add some more soda water. Add the fish strips to the batter and toss to coat.
5. To cook the fish: Heat oil until hot (but not too hot or fish will burn), cook fish in batches flipping after a few minutes, until golden brown. Set aside on a plate lined with baking paper. Repeat until finished. Sprinkle over a generous amount of flakey sea salt before serving.
6. To make the tacos: Serve the tortillas warm, then have at it with all the toppings. I like to layer my tacos with cabbage & carrot, then cripsy fish, avocado, tomato salsa, a good drizzle of the smoked tabasco aioli, dot over the chimmichurri and tear over some fresh coriander. A squeeze of lime finishes it off perfectly. Yum!
Don’t forget to hashtag #cookwithanisasabet when making my recipes. I love to see how you went and get a peek at your kitchen table.
Bon appétit bitches!
For another recipe developed for SodaStream, please try my Fizzy Fried Chicken & Waffles.
Or my Korean Fried Chicken.
Anisa Sabet xx