A tiny atlas of recipes, musings and more. Here you’ll find a collection of my travel adventures, recipes from my table + beyond. My adventures in life. My story.
Other bits & bobs
Crispy fried chicken drowned in sweet and sour Korean dipping sauce!
Korean Fried Chicken recipe developed for SodaStream by Anisa Sabet.
For the brine:
For the coating:
For the batter:
For the sauce:
For the frying:
1. To brine the chicken: dissolve the sugar & salt in the hot water. Add the water and then submerge the chicken and allow to brine for 4 hours (or overnight). When ready, pat dry with paper towel and then allow to dry a bit more for about an hour before coating.
2. To coat the chicken: Mix cornflour, baking powder & salt in a bowl. Toss each chicken piece to coat in the mixture. Set aside on a plate lined with baking paper.
3. To make the batter: Mix batter ingredients in a bowl, put all the chicken in the batter and toss to coat.
4. To make the dipping sauce: in a small saucepan, whisk all the ingredients together until sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
5. To fry the chicken: Heat up the oil in a deep set fry pan or saucepan. The oil should be approx 175°C. To test, drop a bit of batter, it should take a few minutes to turn brown. When the oil is ready, lift out pieces of chicken individually, shaking to allow excess batter to drip off before placing into the hot oil. Cook in batches, flipping half way, for approx 8-14 minutes (or until golden brown). Chicken wings will be quicker than drumsticks. Alternatively use a deep fryer (in which you can submerge chicken until golden). Using tongs, lift out chicken onto a plate lined with paper towel.
6. To serve: dunk each piece of chicken in the dipping sauce, garnish with sesame seeds & fresh shallots & red chilli. Eat immediately.
Don’t forget to hashtag #cookwithanisasabet when making my recipes. I love to see how you went and get a peek at your kitchen table.
Bon appétit bitches!
For another recipe developed for SodaStream, please try my Fizzy Fried Chicken & Waffles.
Or my Crispy Fish Tacos with Chimmichurri & Smoked Tabasco Kewpie.
Anisa Sabet xx